I have a confession to make. I’m 20 weeks sober.
You know what that means…..
If you couldn’t tell what I’m talking about from this disaster of a photoshoot, here ya go:
And LOL @ YOU if you think I could take a picture like the one above. It was on the babylist instagram (and they credited @skyvillarreal) and I took a screenshot because I’m all tech-y like that. Also, it’s 2018 not 2017, so there’s that. But I love Jesus and the July part fit pretty well. So we’re gonna go with it.
But anyways, SURPRISE! WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE BABYWABY! 🙂 🙂 🙂
I was going to be long and drawn out about something else and then throw the announcement in there at the end, but then I was all like what the heck and just decided to blurt it. Because that’s how I told my parents. And in that exact moment I am pretty sure Reese almost died because he’s more of a slip-into-casual-conversation kinda guy (which is how he told his parents), but I’m awkward and was all like BLURT.
So yes. We are halfway through this little journey-roo and I’ve got a great topic for this blog post. It’s called WHAT THE EFF IS MY BODY DOING.
Look. I realize that this is a beautiful thing. Reese and I are both completely over the moon excited about adding a little addition to our family, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be weirded out about the things that are happening, right? Because it’s a lot for me to handle and don’t you dare start wagging your little mom-shaming finger at me!
- WEIRD DREAMS. I’ve had my share of weird dreams in my lifetime, but nothing can even come close to the things my brain comes up with these days. Early on, I had a dream that Reese had a disease that turned his arms and legs into smokey sausage links and he was covered in brown goopy stuff like that chocolate man on the Candy Land board. And if I touched him then I would get the disease and all of my limbs would turn into smokey sausages and then WHO WOULD TAKE CARE OF OUR BABY?
2. GIVE ME ALL THE FOOD. I’ve always eaten more than the average little person. Truth: I am usually the one who is eating Reese’s leftovers. I am still pretty careful about eating my normal healthy food (because *shocker* I like the way vegetables taste), but real-talk I bit into a brownie the other night and literally giggled. Food has never tasted so good.
3. PREGNANCY BRAIN IS REAL. There are all kinds of articles out there rebutting this – calling it a “myth”. Well, you know what I have to say to those people? WHY DID I STICK THE BLENDER IN THE REFRIGERATOR THE OTHER DAY AND NOT REALIZE IT UNTIL REESE OPENED THE DOOR TO MAKE SUPPER THAT NIGHT? I know I may not always be the sharpest tool in the shed, but this is not normal. And I never did that until there was a baby on board.
- I did a push-up the other day and my belly hit the ground first. This had never happened before and I had to set back and give myself a moment.
- Bye pants.
- I have the most luxurious hair I’ve ever had!
- I may have gone overboard on the baby registry. Everything is just so cute and adorable and tiny!
- We’ve started giving our dogs the same talk I imagine parents give their other children when a new sibling is coming.
- My memory is shot. Oh wait, did I already say that?
- I don’t care about anything else right now. I just want to squeeze little babies.
- Anybody want a cat?
I plan on blogging a lot more in the coming weeks, because it’s so much fun when you have a brand new topic to write about! Also, even though Reese and I are seasoned at being an Uncle/Aunt, we really have zero clue what we’re doing. So this should be fun! 😉
~Kyla (and little babywaby)