Believe it or not, as of June 18, 2017 I will have completed a whole stinkin’ year of Real Estate! I’ve learned A LOT these past couple-hundred days and what better way to share them than with a BLOG POST! WOOT, WOOT! Before I start my magic list, I’d just like to say that this was definitely the career choice for me, and no matter how much I may complain about a stressful situation, I wouldn’t trade this job for anything! Ok, here we go. Also, since I was born post 1980, I am considered a “millenial” (even though I wouldn’t admit it outside of here), so I am going to be hip and use #hashtags. #sorrynotsorry. <- I did that to annoy you. That’s the WORST #hashtag. #OMG #barf
Ok, for real. I’ll start now.
- #WhenRealEstating Proper feet coverings are a must. You never know when you’ll be walking through tall grass or have to use your foot to jujitsu-kick through a lock. #toejam Don’t ask me how I know.
- #WhenRealEstating Always carry some sort of protective thing. By this I mean a large can of pepper spray, a womping stick, mallot, shooting implement, bottle rocket…whatever. People are crazy and you should protect yourself. Also, wild animals may pop out and you need to scare them off somehow.
- #WhenRealEstating If you see a hitch-hiker peeing on the property that you have listed, turn your eyes quickly and resume your work in a few minutes as to avoid seeing anything. Don’t ask me how I know again.
- #WhenRealEstating Always carry snackies and
beer/winewater. Chances are you’ll get tied up somewhere longer than you had planned and by the time you get back to the office, your favorite little cafe will be closed. So pack cheese and grapes accordingly.
- #WhenRealEstating You should also carry wasp spray so you can fight back when the nasty little bugs chase you back into your car.
- #WhenRealEstating Having a full tool kit in your vehicle is also a pretty good idea too. It will come in handy. Trust me.
7. #WhenRealEstating Don’t give up your first year! They say it is the hardest, and it definitely is. You are building a brand and people may not know you are an agent! Market yourself and keep truckin’ on. Even when you are stressing out because you like to buy expensive groceries and the $0.00 you are making won’t pay for your expensive groceries.
To all the OCD people out there, sorry for ending on an odd number. It’s only my first year. Maybe by Christmas I’ll make it to a solid 10.
Kyla A.K.A. YOUR FAVORITE REALTOR THAT YOU SHOULD USE.